Visit to our hair extensions factory
Today we make a visit to our factory of 100% human hair extensions of Remy quality to see how the process is carried out. Our partners Jesus and Damaris are Spanish and have been living in Qingdao (China) for 6 years and are personally in charge of the manufacturing process of the extensions that goes from the selection of the raw material to the final packaged product, including a double check system of quality control in the manufacturing process.
Os we show step by step how Nais Hair remy hair extensions are manufactured
Selection and storage of the best virgin hair
1. Hair arrives at the factory in large sacks, this is what is known as raw material. The hair is then separated by qualities according to whether it is to be used for Remy hair extensions, or for non-Remy hair extensions. For example, imagine a hair of a woman who dyed it blond two years ago. Is that human hair 100%? Of course it is! But is it virgin hair? No! Because it is not in its original state. That’s not good enough for us. What if the hair’s gray? It’s no use to us. What if the hair is too dry or it’s not healthy hair? It’s not good enough for us. The hair used for Remy hair extensions has to be of the best quality.
Once the hair has been selected by quality, now is the time to select the hair by measurements and separate it in boxes for later storage:
Washing, disinfection and bleaching of hair
3. Now all hair is washed, disinfected and conditioned in large batches. All hair is black in origin (Asian hair) and has to be dyed. To get lighter colors than number 6 (light brown), it is necessary to bleach the hair first to get a uniform color when dyeing the hair.
4. Throughout the process, care is taken to keep the hair in the same direction so that the position of the roots and ends is not reversed. This would lead to tangles in the extensions (when the cuticles are in a different position, the hair becomes tangled). We take great care of that detail because NaisHair extensions are Remy hair, free of tangles. Although at first glance it looks like a big tangle of hair, the hair is not loose, but has an order. In the photo you can’t really see light stitching on each piece of hair that is necessary to maintain the same direction. Once the hair has been dyed, the stitches are removed, but they have been used to keep the ends and roots of the hair completely tidy.
Hairstyle in hair factory
5. After being washed, bleached, dyed and conditioned, the hair looks tangled, and needs to be combed and grouped into pigtails that can be sewn. For this, giant combs are used through which the workers pass their hair until it is tangled and dry.
6. When the hair is ready for sewing, it is moved to the next factory zone.
Industrial hair sewing machines
7. The hair is gradually placed in a sewing machine. It is manual work, so you can find variations in the thickness of the hair curtain , some are thicker but less wide, and some are wider but with less amount of hair per centimeter. But both weigh the same, because what is measured is the weight, not the width of the extension. In the sewn extensions you will see some short hairs on top, near the sewing, it is the hair itself that has been bent over itself when sewing the curtain.
Factory hair straightening
8. The hair is then straightened in industrial machines.
Factory wrapped hair extensions
9. Finally the hair is ready to be packed.
Quality control in our factory of hair extensions
10. We move on to the packaging department and final control. Here you are packing some extensiones clip for immediate shipment.
And so everything is ready for shipment by air freight to our distribution centers.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to our extensions factory.